Friday, December 30, 2011

Middle Eastern Chickpea with Cinnamon and Brown Rice

Ok, I know I'm just so overly enthusiastic that I can't stop blogging now, but I can't help it!! Plus if there's a demand for it then why not? I thought I would share my dinner tonight since it is ridiculously yum and so quick and easy as well!


Middle Eastern Chickpea with Cinnamon and Brown Rice

2 cups brown rice
2 cups cooked chickpeas
150-200g baby spinach leaves
1 onion, diced
1 can organic diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp tamari
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup pine nuts
Black pepper to taste


Prepare brown rice.

Using non stick fry pan, pour the oil and tamari in pan and heat, add chickpeas and onion.
Cook until onion looks transparent then add remaining ingredients except parsley and pine nuts. Add spinach in small amounts and allow to wilt a little before adding more. 
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.  

Serve the mixture over a bed of brown rice and sprinkle with parsley and pine nuts.

Servings: 4




No comments:

Post a Comment